Well, Justin has been sleeping with us since month 2 when I came to visit Mom and Dad, and my current visit had a goal of getting him to sleep on his own. Last night I finally took the plunge and tried it.
It worked. He was very tired from spending a great afternoon with cousins, so he was tuckered out. I put him down at 8:30, he cried for about 10 minutes, so I went to check on him, he looked to hot, changed him into cooler clothes, watched him on our bed for about 5 minutes until he was almost asleep, and put him in his own pac n play...he cried for about 5 minutes and fell asleep...heaven!!
I was able to visit with Mom for a bit and went to bed myself, for fear of a night of crankiness, but he did awake many times, but I left him alone and he fell back asleep. He did awake at almost 2am, so I did feed him and put him back down in his own bed. It was great. I awoke at 6:30, was able to shower and have a cup of coffee before he awoke at 7:30....and I just put him down for a nap at 9;45 and he only cried for a few minutes...by the time I was done swapping out the laundry, he was asleep....YAHOO...hope t his lasts!
3 comments:
Hooray!! Good for you for using an opportunity like that to get him to go down in his own bed. You did SO good letting him cry -- it's so hard to listen to, but you are already reaping the fruits of your efforts!! Isn't it wonderful to have that time while he naps?!? He may have a few times that are harder than others, but if you stick to your guns, he will continue to sleep in his own bed. Good for you!! :-)
This is great. Keep it up, I know it is hard not having him right there, but so good for you and Todd. Praying for you!
Good luck! It all takes time but trust me you will enjoy it in the long run. He is getting so big!
Post a Comment