Monday, October 06, 2008

Medicine Cabinet

This morning I went through my portion of the medicine cabinet and I have some meds that I need to get rid of...but what do you do with them? I know you can't flush them, and I don't really want to just throw them in the way...is there a safe way to rid of them? Some are expired vitamins and some prescription....

1 comment:

rae ann said...

i did a post about this same thing last spring on a blog i contribute to (http://budgethippies.wordpress.com/). Here's what I was told: "If you have a large drugstore near you, call the pharmacy department and see if they take expired medication for disposal. Putting this stuff down the drain puts it into the water supply, which already has too many undesirable chemicals. Proper disposal of expired prescription medication is considered to be incinerating it (professionally, not in your fireplace)."