Well...Todd and I have been considering me being a stay at home mommy and today I gave my notice. We are excited to have me stay at home and be a full time mommy...coarse there is always the change of lifestyle...not as much money, but most say you don't see the differnce, since we won't be paying for me to commute to work each day (1 hour each way) the gas, the childcare, and all the extra costs of working. I have been reading like crazy my guide to staying home and living on one budget....there are still a few kinks to work out, but we will make it.
I definitely feel a big relief to have finally made our decision to stay home. Justin has changed so much in the less than three months I have been back to work, and I have missed so much of it, I won't it now...I will get to see his first steps, etc...or I hope so.
Work was great about it, they were expecting my notice soon anyway...I have told them I will continue to help out and train someone new, so it will be a transition for the next month or so, but I feel good about being able to help train the newbie.
That is our big news for now.
6 comments:
Congrats on making that really big decision. You guys will be fine and Justin will be very lucky to have you there.
Jealous! oh so Jealous! Wish we could make the transition, but just do not see that in our future anytime soon, unless GOD does something;-) Congratulations!
Yippee!!! You won't regret your choice believe me!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!
Oh so happy for you!!! You will never never regret it! It is a little change of pace at first, be ready for that, but I'd never go back. Justin will be so happy!
I am so excited for you!! I am also envious, as Sara said. I wish I could have stayed home with my boys. When Scott was an infant, I stayed home for the first year and a half and did some daycare (just a couple of kids) and that was really nice. It is so great and you will love being able to see Justin grow. You can do it on one income -- I know you can! If you come to Chico on errands or Dr.'s appts., etc. we can do lunch! My treat! :-)
That's wonderful, Alicia!
Post a Comment