Well, I am officially on Maternity Leave. On Thursday the Doctor ordered me to start staying home and getting rest. Although I am not on "bed rest" he advises to get rest as we won't get much after the arrival. So, I am 38 weeks along and waiting. ....
Not too sure what I am going to do with my days, but I am sure I will get some nice R&R. I still have a few things to add to the bag, so I need to get hopping on packing that. Todd and I went grocery shopping today and I feel like we stocked up for a month. I found some receipes online for freezing meals, so for the next few days, I plan to make a meal or two and pop in the freezer so we don't have to think about food when the baby comes home those first few nights. Pizza always works too, but I thought I would at least try to be a bit prepared.... We stocked up on meats, so the crockpot is another great resource...and Mom will be here to help out too.
I have to say that the feeling in this past week is different than before. Instead of many kicks, I am not also feeling more of a slide movement on my belly, and a kick. It is really interesting the changes in the body. To those of you who have had todlers and been pregnant at home, I don't know how you did it. I am exhausted just being me and not having to take care of anyone else.
4 comments:
Hang in there friend...The best is yet to come! XOXO
Looking good Alicia. Another fun thing about being pregnate with a toddler is the toddler kicks you in the stomach. Alyssa loves to climb all over you and your belly if you lay down, makes for fun times. Can't wait for those big kicks on the inside and outside all at once :) Take care! Only a few more weeks!
Hey Alicia,
I have been reading your blog for some time now, enjoying keeping up with your life, the new house and now the baby on the way. I have been checking often, hoping to hear that this new little person has arrived but I guess it is still wait, wait wait! Keep your feet up and balance a cup of tea on your bump and let them pamper you!
Enjoy it while you can. Though the trade off of a beautiful baby is worth the sleepless nights...and days. Hey did you see the pic on my blog of Tsiava in her hat you got her? Love ya. K
Post a Comment