So more on the pregnancy....this morning I woke up and looked in the mirror and about screamed! I told Todd that I grew overnight! I think the baby really just dropped a bit? It is like a perfectly round basketball in my belly!
I had a doctor appointment today and it went really well. They didn't do a "check" as I saw another dr. in the group and he didn't really see a big need to check me out...I was totally fine with that! On a good note, my blood pressure is down from it being so high last week. It is only 10 points (what do you call it in medical tems?) higher than my normal vs. the 35 that is was up last week. I was so happy to hear this news, that means that this R&R I have been on must be good for me and the baby. And, although I am not tracking nor do I look to see how much weight I have gained (as I might cry if I did), the assistant did tell me that I didn't gain any weight this past week. That was great news to me! So, today the baby measured at 36 weeks. I am not sure how that is at all possible. Last week I measured right on at 38 weeks, and now I have regressed? I think maybe just the baby moving down changes measurements? Who knows, I didn't ask...hoping for a not so huge baby :) Think good thoughts for me!
I dropped by my office today...I do miss everyone I work with. They have a baby poll going on, so the earliest date is this weekend....I think the 28th and the last guessed date is the 14th. Todd has a vote of the 7th, so we will see when baby wants to enter this big world.
6 comments:
you look so great, al! prego bellies are the best!
about the measurement... you probably did drop. the measurement decreases because the baby has moved down into your pelvis so there's not nearly as much of the baby sticking "out" as there was before. however, you feel like you look bigger because the baby's dropped and your view has changed a little. :)
all in all, the fact that you feel like you look bigger, that the baby seems lower, and that your measurement has decreased are all really good labor signs! wahoo! get ready, girl!
Measuring smaller means the baby has dropped... that is what they told me at least. Everyone does that at the end. Sounds like all is well and that you are as ready as you'll ever be! Good luck... thinking of you.
Wow you've definitely dropped since I saw you last Thurs. Wow! You look great. Get ready for lots of bathroom trips to pee -- now that the baby is lower, the baby will be sitting on your bladder!!! :-)
Don't forget Costco. If you have a Costco membership, you can get disposable diapers in bulk for a pretty good price. :-)
Looking good there girlie. My suggestion... if you would like to do the cloth, wait till there bowels are more regulated and you are only changing between 1-3 poop diapers a day and not so many wet ones. By then baby boy will really hate being wet and feeling it, and maybe potty train earler. Re: the previous comment about Costco diapers... The *Kirkland Premium* diapers are actualy *Huggies Supreme diapers* (we were told this by a Costco employee). They start at size 3 I think. Great diapers and great deal. Best of luck!
Just catching up on all your diaper decisions and status. Just to comment on a previous comment you made, since your skin is so sensative -the cleaning process that the service uses may not be compatible with your skin/baby's skin. Along that line, be careful with some of the "baby" laundry detergent -most have perfume added to smell so "baby pretty". Coming from another skin sensative person, I have to use/use for miss T the free and clear detergents. Oh my don't we all have our two cents!
Post a Comment