Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Going Green . a day at a time

So today I have been on a mission to save money...well all this week has been my mission. No more eating out, etc...and we needed a few things from the wallyworld today, so off I went with my list.

We needed TP - I refuse to go totally cheap on this, so I buy charmin....not the most spendy, but not the cheapest either.
Liquid washing soap - I use this for what doesn't go in the dishwasher and my last stockpile is almost gone.
Jet Dry - now Todd says we need this for our dishwasher, but I am not totally sure you HAVE to have to run your dishwasher? Anyone else know for sure?
Old English to Dust - well, this is really why I am posting. I decided that I could probably dust with what we have here at home so I found a green website Homemade Household Cleaners and got the ingredients...it is great. I put it in a spray bottle and walla-free dusting stuff.

1 comment:

rae ann said...

uhh... no. you definitely don't HAVE to use the jet dry. i use white vinegar and it works just as good and it's super duper cheap. especially if you buy the big jug at costco.

good for you! i'm super excited to see what you come up with over the next few months as you try to trim your spending!