Friday, March 21, 2008

Frugal Friday - Week 3

cloth bags....I have about 6 of them and one from Costco...they are great...

1. you can put more groceries in a cloth bag than plastic - thus less trips from car to house
2. Some stores offer a bag credit if you bring your own....my store is 9 cents per bag...I average about 5 bags...that is 45 cents per week times 52 weeks and I save $23.40 per year.....pretty good.
3. you are saving the environment

Sometimes I forget my item, so if I am not buying too much, I ask to not get a bag. Yesterday I was at the local store and just picking up tylenol and motrin for Justin (teething)....and I asked to put them in my purse.....it worked great...between carrying a 23 pound child, bags of stuff, Iand a purse, it was easier to put the items in my purse.

1 comment:

rae ann said...

good point on the money saving thing... never thought about it that way. we almost never use store bags anymore. i keep a stash of cloth ones in the car so that they're always there when i need one. i use them for a million other purposes too. the best part, i've scored all of mine for FREE!