Saturday, March 15, 2008

Frugal Friday - Week 2

I don't have a lot for the week...but here are a few thoughts.

Sometimes I have coupons that I don't end up using and after a while I know I won't use them, so when I am at the store, I will leave the coupon by the item that the coupon is for. I figure maybe someone will use it before it expires.

I haven't instituted this yet, but Justin's playgroup is only about 10 blocks away...I figure as long as the weather is nice, I should put him in the stroller and walk there....next week I hope to do this.

I had more, but I can't remember them right now....

Anybody have any GAS saving advice? I have heard only fill your car 1/2 full, and as I read recently in Reader's Digest to empty all unnecessary items out of your car...I don't see the article online, but if I find it I will add to post.....it is about this guy who gets his car to get 150 MPG...driving slow, windows up, no a/c, no stopping at the stop signs, etc....

1 comment:

KJack said...

No, it's never let your tank get less than half, you get better gas mileage by keeping it that way. There's something about filling up before the heat of day too...can't remember why? Something about less fume build up?