
Sunday evening we were just hanging out at home, Justin was busy hanging out with Daddy...

Daddy and Justin....Mommy really enjoys the break, even if I am sitting next to him, I feel like I am getting a break.

Being a stay at home mom is absolutely more work than I thought it would be. Justin doesn't like to be out of eye sight from Mommy...and that takes a toll on someone..no private time at all...always have to be "ON" Not that I have to do housework or anything, Todd cooks just about every night and I watch Justin. He also is my hero when it comes to cleaning the house...I love to vacuum, but beyond that, Justin isn't too cooperative. I don't geit a lot done in the day, just blogging is a lot for me. Justin needs constant attention, and so far won't take a nap on his own. so..I hold him....I try to put him down, and he always wakes up. The only way to get him to sleep alone is to Bfeed him in our bed and then let him stay there....he sleeps with us now at night, although I know this needs to change, but it is really hard to do, when he is still getting up 2 to 3 times a night.
Now that I am home, Justin is back on 100% BMilk....it is amazing how it changes their little bodies....I was only changing 1 #2 diaper a day, maybe 2, but now I am changing probably 5 per day. I gues that just means that his little digestive system is working good.
I wouldn't give up up staying at home for anything though. I am sure as time goes by, it will get easier and I hope to make more friends here in town, as the big town is a long way to drive...it costs $12-15 per trip to make it to the big town...that is a lot of money on one income...
We got a surprise phone call and met with Oma, Opa, Dana, Reese, and Carsten for a quick lunch at Taco Bell here in town. They were on their way through and were stopping for lunch. Was good to see them, even if only for an hour...will see more of them later this week. thursday I go to work for a few hours and that night Oma, Auntie Dana, Reese, and Carsten will be here, so we are going to the big town on Friday for a play date. We can't wait....then Saturday we all pack up in the Tahoe and are off for visiting Grandma Paula and Grandpa Bob. We have high hopes of remodeling a bathroom while we are there and doing some painting...hoping we can really do it....
Justin will be 7 months old on the 30th..I have a picture we took last weekend at the picture people, but have to scan it first...will try to get that done this week!
Okay, all for now.
3 comments:
Oh the joys of finding your schedule and the happy medium of jusggling child, self, and honey. Miss you. I'm back from San Jose. Call you.
Darling pictures of Justin! LOVE the one of him with his finger in his mouth. Too cute!!
If you can get him to nap in his crib, then you will find staying at home a LOT easier. Then you can use nap time to get a lot done around the house. Or you could simply take some time for yourself to read, relax, etc. Or maybe a little of both.
When Scott was a baby, I stayed home for maybe a year and did daycare. Fortunately the kids I did daycare for all napped at the same time as Scott did, and they took 2 naps a day. During the morning nap, I'd do housework; during the afternoon nap I'd sit and relax. It really made a nice balance!
Good luck, and getting them to sleep in their own bed is a huge hurdle, and I know its hard because you can't stand to hear them crying. But just a caution -- the older they get, the harder it is.
Hugs to you! :-)
3 words: it gets better
and then you won't even remember these days as you chase him about the house and demand that he come sit with you for just a minute!! ;)
Post a Comment