Monday, August 20, 2007

Ants, and more Ants....

Okay, so I have an ANT phobia...I don't like them at all. Spiders, I could leave them be and not be worried, but ants, I see one and I see about a million crawling on the walls. We have been having them all over the house. We do have a bug man (I know I have a baby, but they spray in the hospital nursery..). We usually leave even when we don't have to if he sprays a room, just because. So, he was out here 2 weeks ago. We had ants in Justin's closet, our closet and the guest closet, in both bathrooms, and a few in the kitchen-oh and 2 (that I saw) came out of the air vents in the ceiling above our bet..I promptly made Todd move our bed..... Now mind you, there hasn't been a huge population at a time, 1-5 per sighting....but 1 is too many for me. So, the bug guy came out and I had him spray the garage too just in case...and we don't go out there, so that was fine, but then this weekend, there are hundreds making their way into our attic from the garage...they must have found that one place that there wasn't spray to go up....so, Todd sprayed stuff we had and then this morning they were there again, just on the other side of the spray...so, now they are in the attic, what do you do? I wish there was something to do, but I fear they are making home in the attic until they come out for sightings...I tell you that I think I am driving my husband nuts, he doesn't think it is a huge issue, but I do! Give me spider any day!

Some say it is because we are new construction...has anyone else had similar issues? I did get some pet/child/food friendly spray from the Natural store for in the house....not sure if it REALLY works....so we will see about that. am I overreacting???

3 comments:

Our Home Page said...

Let me stop laughing.......you and your ants. Got to love ya Al.

Sara said...

Personally if it drives you nuts take care of it. Overreacting, maybe, but until mom is happy no one is usually happy so I say make your self happy!!! Although, I am still laughing ;-)

BandK said...

Ugh, I feel your pain!! I hate ants, too!! YUCK. Creepy crawly little buggers. You must have built your house on a nest!! I'm surprised your bug guy's spraying didn't take care of them. Is he spraying all around the foundation, and underneath the house? You may be built on a slab, but if you have a raised foundation, you might see if he will spray underneath.

My mom swears by those ant stakes -- they take the bait back to the nest and supposedly kills all the ants, the queen or whatever. Makes me shudder.

We need to do lunch soon! :-)