Friday, February 02, 2007

We are home....





Hi everyone....we came home yesterday and Justin is 3 days old today. We have had a good day today, but a rough night last night - thank goodness Grandma is here to help!


The Baby Story....

On Monday night, my stomach looked like it had done this weird turn. It was off to the side of my stomach. It was the most bizarre thing. We just thought maybe the baby was moving and getting ready for delivery..little did we know that he turned.


My water broke on Tuesday morning around 6:30, so I rushed to get to the bathroom and then had to call Todd as he was already at work. I called Mom right away and she got started to pack, etc. When we called the doctor, he said to go ahead and go to the hospital to get "checked" since this was our first baby. So, we got packed up, took a shower, and headed to the hospital. Contractions weren't that bad, but knew I was having them. They were about 8 minutes apart as we drove to Chico. We made it to the hospital and went to get "checked". The nurse gave a very odd look at me....I thought maybe something was wrong, and she said that she didn't feel a head, and she didn't know what she felt. Okay - so telling this to a Mom what did she feel...I was thinking does my kid have an extra appendage or something? She went to get my doctor (as he was right in the hallway)....and he did the check, and confirmed he felt a FOOT! So, I had a Cesearean delivery.


Here are some shots from our stay....


Right after delivery. Justin is getting cleaned up and getting a clean bill of health.



Todd - in the recover room waiting for me to show up.



Justin just got a bath, so he is now all clean!




Justin in his Going Home outfit. He is 2 days old here. He got a clean bill of health and we were let out of the hospital a day earlier than expected.


Justin is 3 days old in this picture. Was trying to get him to cooperate and at least open his eyes, he wanted nothing to do with me and the camera. This is the only one that is isn't frowning in....
As for Mommy, I am doing well. My Mom is here and has been doing just about everything for me. It has kept me resting and just spending time with Justin as we bond. Daddy is loving his new role and found another Love of his life.

4 comments:

Shana said...

Awww!!! He's just so sweet! But where's his red hair! I wanted to see a little red head! :) Glad to hear you all are doing great... Aren't Moms wonderful! :)

BandK said...

You must be exhausted! Thanks for taking the time to post the story. It was so nice of Tootlepops to post the birth announcements and photos. I kind of figured Justin must have been a c-section because his little head was so perfectly round! He is SO adorable and in a few weeks when you feel up to it, I'd love to come visit! Hugs for you!

Dim and Jana said...

That last picture is adorable! How cute. Enjoy these days with a little one!

Gina said...

Thanks for the update. It was good to talk to you yesterday. We'll come visit when we are all in good health. You guys look great. XOXO