Saturday, August 08, 2009

pictures from our hospital stay

These are in no order at all, sorry, I have baby on chest and Justin sleeping...blogging while I can.

Dana, Oma, and the 3 boys came to visit on day 2..all boys are enamored with Clayton. Aunt Dana showing the boys.


Uncle Jim

Becky and Jason came to visit too.

Grandma Nellie


Here is Justin on day one showing Clayton his Thomas book. The first visit wasn't easy for Justin, seeing mommy and daddy in the hospital wasn't too great and he had just awoke from a nap. Luckily Aunt Dana showed up and took pictures of his Thomas book and he was much better...she had him read to Clayton, etc.

with Papa...

Christina came from 2 hours away to visit.

This is our going home outfit.

The three boys on the rocking chair

With Oma

So, the birth story is.....I was due to have a scheduled C-section Monday morning at 6:00 am. It was the Saturday before my "C" and we had picked up Nellie in town so she could spend the night here with us. We had planned out our day on Sunday to have dinner and drop off Justin with Jim and Dana, etc...Dinner was over, Justin played with Grandma Nellie and we relaxed for the evening just visiting. I took Justin up to go to bed about 9pm or so...we read books, rest our eyes and lay there until he falls asleep. So, Justin was still awake when I had this insane PAIN in my stomach. I thought that the baby's head must have really just moved down a lot....I did my breathing...(Justin copied me too - says "Mommy, He, he, he)....and soon he was asleep. I was going to just go to bed myself, but I thought to myself I had better go to the bathroom (as I often have to go to the bathroom). So, I start to stand up and notice wet - interesting - I stand up and realize that I am leaking....so off to the bathroom I run (thinking I will be dripping all over as I did with Justin). Anyway, made it to the bathroom. Now- I have to get Todd and Nellie's attention without waking up Justin who is in the room and try not to walk on carpet. Well, had to go on the carpet but wasn't leaking too much.

I called for them and told them my water had broken. I wasn't sure what I aws to do. Should I go ahead and labor at home, go to the hopsital, have a C? We had decided to go with the C, but I could try the VBAC. It was now 9:40....Nellie has me call the doctor...she askes what I want and decide to go via "C"....(I do have my reasons for those of you wondering). We did a little bit more packing, woke up Dad to come over and sleep with Justin....and were off to the hospital.

I was on the operating table at 11:45pm and Clayton joined us at 12:23AM on August 2nd. We didn't sleep an ounce that whole night. I had a blood oxygen counter on me and every time I would dose off, it would beep...I wouuld try really hard to stay awake, and let Todd get some rest, but I just couldn't...I would fade...then be awoken. It took them till Noon the next day to get it working correctly....I wasn't low on oxygen, just the computer was set up with small diameters...that night we finally got "some" rest.

We really liked our hospital. Nurses were great...food was great...they even fed Todd every meal, so he didn't have to leave me alone all the time. Couldn't have asked for better....we were ready to come home by Tuesday...my buns could only handle those beds so long....so we came home and are still adjusting to being a family of 4 + Papa :)

5 comments:

Gina said...

*HUGS*

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJack said...

So glad all went well, so sad that I am far away :( or you're far away...lol. Will come up soon to give some squeezes.

SoozeSchmooze said...

Hey Alicia...

good job girl! Sorry I am so late to congratulate...I have been looking at the pictures and keeping up by facebook and blog..
I love you guys..all of you are so precious...hugs to all...

Sandra Ramey said...

Oh these are lovely pics!